If you've knitted your phone cosy using the Scheepjes Roma Big or Patons Big Fab super chunky yarns, you'll have lots of yarn left over. You can use this to make yourself an easy knit scarf. If you used and alternative to the Scheepjes or Patons super chunky yarns for Project 1 and don't have that much left over, just buy some more of the same yarn you used for Project 1 to knit the scarf. Two to three balls of super chunky yarn knitted will do.
This is a very basic pattern, and like with the phone cosy you'll be knitting lots of rows.
Easy Knit Scarf Pattern
- Cast on 12 stitches using the super chunky yarn and 10mm (US 15) knitting needles.
- Knit every row in garter stitch until you've almost run out of yarn. You'll need enough about 140cm (55in) to cast off. You can make your scarf as long as you'd like it to be. A shorter scarf will use less yarn and a longer one will require an extra ball.
- If at any point you run out of yarn and need to add a new ball, you can head to page 50 of First Time Knits to see how. In that tutorial I'm showing you how to add stripes to the tiger scarf, but you can use steps 1-3 to just add a new ball of yarn.
- Once you're happy with the length of your scarf, cast off. You can use my casting off tutorial again for this.
- To weave in your ends head to page 56. Again this tutorial is for the tiger scarf, but you can still apply it to this project. This will show you how to weave in on a piece of knitting that doesn't have a seam.
And there you have it, one easy knit scarf!